Projects & Initiatives
State Data Center
State Data Centre (SDC)
is envisioned as the shared, reliable and secure infrastructure services centre for hosting and managing the e-Governance Applications of State and its constituent departments/ Organization.
Download SDC Charges
Under National e Governance Plan initiated by DEiTY, Government of India, State Data Centre (SDC) had been identified as core infrastructure for supporting e-Governance initiatives. Under the plan, all states are required to divert efforts for creating a state-of-art infrastructure for State Data Centres and to consolidate their services & applications and host in SDC for delivering electronically in a most efficient manner. These include G2G, G2C & G2B services.
State Data Centre would provide many functionalities and some of the key functionalities are Central Repository of the State, Secure Data Storage, Online Delivery of Services, Citizen Information/Services Portal, State Intranet Portal, Disaster Recovery, Remote Management and Service Integration.
These services to be rendered by the States through common delivery platform seamlessly supported by core Connectivity Infrastructure such as State Wide
Area Network (SWAN) and Common Service Centre (CSC) connectivity extended up to village level.
Madhya Pradesh State Data Centre:
Madhya Pradesh State Data Centre (SDC) is setup to help the departments/ organization rendering IT related services by maximizing IT performance through reliable hosting, managing IT risk and providing continuous connectivity support. SDC's State-of-the-Art hosting environment along with the breadth of functionality and depth of expertise, provide secure, reliable and efficient delivery of G2G, G2C and G2B services thereby improving end-user satisfaction. The Data Center is designed to provide Tier III equivalent services which includes;
Madhya Pradesh State Data Centre (SDC) provides two hosting models to the various departments/ organization.
Co- Hosting : This model is suitable for small and medium organisations. In Co-Hosting the user will get all the required infrastructure such as servers, operating system, database, SWAN and internet connectivity etc. The user can keep their mission critical systems in SDC with complete peace of mind, thereby enabling them to focus on their core businesses. The SDC would provide all the common services and managed services described ahead. Co-Hosting assures better online monitoring capabilities of systems/applications and hence increase the uptime of the application to the end-user. This model is supported by constant monitoring by highly skilled manpower round the clock using EMS tools.
The user can also develop, migrate, deploy, test and maintain their systems/applications remotely with the help of VPN connectivity.
Co- Location : This model is suitable for medium and large organisations. In Co-Location the user brings their own hardware and software such as servers, storage & racks (optional), operating systems, applications etc. The SDC would provide the common services like the space, network connectivity, uninterrupted power, cooling, security etc. The user will be allowed to install his
hardware in the SDC. The user can also avail managed services provided by SDC. The user will get secured access to their systems remotely with the help of VPN connectivity.
The service portfolio of the Madhya Pradesh State Data Centre to the various users includes the following services;
a) Common Services :
These are the common set of services available to all the departments/ organization availing SDC services. It includes services like -
- Physical Infrastructure Services: Such as Power, cooling, fire detection and suppression, access control, water leak detection, rodent repellent, VESDA and surveillance etc.
- Rack Space: Space in the server rack along with redundant power supply. Optional for co-location users.
- Physical Space: For keeping racks for co-location users.
- Staging Facility: For unpacking of users hardware, installation of equipments, testing and configurations etc before shifting in the production environment.
- Connectivity to SWAN and Internet: With 1 Gbps high speed redundant fibre link to SWAN and 1Gbps high speed redundant (1+1) through NKN for internet.
- Facility Management Services: Through building management system (BMS) for the entire physical infrastructure.
- Network Monitoring Services: 24x7x365 monitoring of network by skilled manpower.
- Change Management: Tracking the changes in hardware / software configurations, changes to applications, changes to policies, applying of upgrades / updates / patches, etc.
- Vendor Management Services: Includes coordination with all the project stakeholders (State Implementation Committee, Nodal Agency, User Departments, Vendors) to ensure timely execution of the desired activities.
- Visitor Management System: Includes screening, registering, signing in of visitors to the relevant areas via integration with access control areas and access control devices.
- Installation and Configuration of Application Infrastructure: Includes installation and configuration support for the application deployment for co-hosting users.
- Data vault : For keeping storage media of the users.
- Unified Messaging: Provisioning of limited messaging services.
- Remote access: Secured access with the help VPN connectivity.
- Security Audit: Includes security audit of applications on chargeable basis.
- Help Desk Services: The help desk service will serve as a single point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The service will provide a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and also resolution of incidents.
b) Managed Services: These are the advanced services available to only co-hosting users. It includes services like but not limited server monitoring, database and storage administration, backup services, security administration, disaster recovery, application migration etc.
- Server monitoring, administration & management Services : Configuration of server parameter , operating system administration, tuning, reinstallation in the event of system crash failure, maintenance of a log of the performance monitoring of servers including but not limited to monitoring CPU, disk space, memory utilization, I/O utilization, etc.
- Data base administration and management services : End-to-end management of database on an ongoing basis. Management of changes to database schema, disk space, storage, user roles etc.
- Storage administration and management services : Includes storage management policy, management of storage space, configuration and management of disk array volume, RAID configuration, LUN, zone, security, business continuity volumes etc.
- Backup & Restore Services: Includes backup of user data as per the backup policy.